Discover American Friends of Uppsala University!
Our aim is to contribute to helping Uppsala University maintain its standards of excellence, established over the centuries since its foundation in 1477. We believe that you can help us achieve our common future. US tax payers can donate via American Friends of Uppsala University, AFUU, making donations tax deductible. American Friends of Uppsala University is tax/exempt as a charitable organization by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
News and events
- Martin Henriksson Holmdahl Prize goes to Afaf Doleeb and Patricia Lorenzoni 21 Nov 2019
- Thomas Schön: Now machines are learning to contribute to a better world 21 Nov 2019
- Carl Johan Casten Carlberg is Uppsala Student of 2019 19 Nov 2019
- Bissen Brainwalk Contributes SEK 750,000 to Brain Research 18 Nov 2019
- Spotlight on diabetes 8 Nov 2019
- Large-scale cadastral maps on parchment digitised 8 Nov 2019
- Uppsala University named Erasmus+ Actor of the Year 2019 5 Nov 2019
Contribution to Uppsala’s runic research
Swedish-American Myrna G. Smith has worked for many years for the establishment of a chair in runology at Uppsala University, and has bequeathed USD 1 million to this end. In addition she has generously contributed with a donation of USD 15,000. Part of the gift is a new contribution to external funding for a chair. Part is a contribution to Professor Henrik Williams’s research on runes.
Your support can make a difference!
The overall goal of Uppsala University is to gain and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of humankind and for a better world. We seek to open up new areas of knowledge through cross-disciplinary collaboration and help find sustainable solutions to the challenges facing society. Uppsala University is successful in attracting research funding in national and international competition. But to achieve our full potential and attain our ambitious goals, we need additional resources. Your support can make the difference. Additional long-term, independent sources of funding will enable us to develop our University’s autonomy and capacity for renewal and augment our contribution to a better world.
Vice-Chancellor Eva Åkesson