Discover American Friends of Uppsala University!
Our aim is to contribute to helping Uppsala University maintain its standards of excellence, established over the centuries since its foundation in 1477. We believe that you can help us achieve our common future. US tax payers can donate via American Friends of Uppsala University, AFUU, making donations tax deductible. American Friends of Uppsala University is tax/exempt as a charitable organization by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
News and events
- Alumnus of the Year: Emma Frans investigates the media’s view of the world 21 Feb 2020
- Big data creates new potential for heart research 12 Feb 2020
- Backing for new cardiac research environment 11 Feb 2020
- Let the ball swing at the Ångström Laboratory 31 Jan 2020
- “Lethal” mutation makes tuberculosis bacteria resistant to antibiotic 28 Jan 2020
- The Winter Conferment Ceremony – A Celebration of Doctors, Honorary Doctors and Prize Winners 22 Jan 2020
- Anna Jonsson Cornell: Legal education entails a social responsibility 13 Jan 2020
Contribution to Uppsala’s runic research
Swedish-American Myrna G. Smith has worked for many years for the establishment of a chair in runology at Uppsala University, and has bequeathed USD 1 million to this end. In addition she has generously contributed with a donation of USD 15,000. Part of the gift is a new contribution to external funding for a chair. Part is a contribution to Professor Henrik Williams’s research on runes.
Your support can make a difference!
The overall goal of Uppsala University is to gain and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of humankind and for a better world. We seek to open up new areas of knowledge through cross-disciplinary collaboration and help find sustainable solutions to the challenges facing society. Uppsala University is successful in attracting research funding in national and international competition. But to achieve our full potential and attain our ambitious goals, we need additional resources. Your support can make the difference. Additional long-term, independent sources of funding will enable us to develop our University’s autonomy and capacity for renewal and augment our contribution to a better world.
Vice-Chancellor Eva Åkesson