News and events
- Lessons from the Ebola disaster can be applied to COVID-19 22 Feb 2021
- New biomarkers can lead to breakthrough in diabetes research 18 Feb 2021
- All known runestones now documented digitally 2 Feb 2021
- Runic research in Uppsala receives support from USA 1 Feb 2021
- Prize for global work to promote child health rights 29 Jan 2021
- Uppsala University joins Wellcome Leap Global Network 29 Jan 2021
- Traditional Valborg celebrations in Uppsala cancelled 22 Jan 2021
Major contribution to Uppsala’s runic research
Over the course of many years, Swedish-American Myrna G. Smith has supported runic research at Uppsala University.
Recently, Ms Myrna G. Smith pledged a legacy of USD 1.5 million to ensure and advance future runic research at Uppsala University.
AFUU has had the opportunity to assist in the realisation of this pledged legacy, and is thrilled over the opportunities created for the future of runic research at Uppsala University.
Your support can make a difference!
The overall goal of Uppsala University is to gain and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of humankind and for a better world. We seek to open up new areas of knowledge through cross-disciplinary collaboration and help find sustainable solutions to the challenges facing society. Uppsala University is successful in attracting research funding in national and international competition. But to achieve our full potential and attain our ambitious goals, we need additional resources. Your support can make the difference. Additional long-term, independent sources of funding will enable us to develop our University’s autonomy and capacity for renewal and augment our contribution to a better world.
Vice-Chancellor Anders Hagfeldt
Discover American Friends of Uppsala University!
Our aim is to contribute to helping Uppsala University maintain its standards of excellence, established over the centuries since its foundation in 1477. We believe that you can help us achieve our common future. US tax payers can donate via American Friends of Uppsala University, AFUU, making donations tax deductible. American Friends of Uppsala University is tax/exempt as a charitable organization by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.